Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sundays are the best!

First of all, I must ask anyone wanting to join the PIF, to please, please leave me your address so I can send you a gift if you are one of the first 3 to post.

Today was awesome! First of all, my DH whom I adore to no end, came home because he forgot something for work & scared me to death by coming in the front door so quietly while I was busy with breakfast.
Then, it was off to church. If you ever get a chance to stop through Aberdeen, join us at Cornerstone Community Church on the mail drag heading into the beaches.
We came home and had lunch and I just had to take this picture of oldest granddaughter sitting comfortably on the swing and eating her macaroni and cheese!


As you might or might not be able to tell, she is sitting on one swing and has her legs resting on the other while she is eating!

Well, here it is, the first quilt to be made for Iowa flood victims. I didn't put a binding around it, I just tucked in the edges and it looks like a very nice reversable quilt! One side has Winnie the Pooh and the other is a vintage fabric with baby carriages and baby bottles.
I finished the edges with a blanket stitch and then machine quilted it with an arched pattern throughout and now it will be photo'd with my 35MM camera and placed in an album of when it was made and where it went.
This final picture is 2 fabrics I am using to make my first bag/purse. I just love the vintage look of the print fabric which has dolls, sewing machines, sewing boxes, etc. I am a quilter, so I thought this would be the perfect fabric to make a bag with.

I need to share something here that I heard in church today because I know many bloggers are women and many of us attend church alone because we are yoked with unbelievers.

Yes, sometimes it bothers me, but for the most part, I don't give it much thought. My husband is a kind, gentle and wonderful husband. He tucks me in to bed at night, he kisses me everyday before he leaves for work and when he comes home, he showers me with hugs, does the dishes, laundry, etc. We are a perfect team.

What I want to say here, is ladies never give up on what God can do, but moreover, just love your husband as Jesus told us to and stop trying to chain him up and drag him to church. Besides, I have seen some pretty lax Christian men in my time, you don't always get the cream with the cow!

No comments: