Saturday, August 16, 2008

From Moses to Me...Lisa's lessons are Right On!


There are so many things going through my mind right now with this lesson I cannot explain them all. Preparation? Oh yes, He has prepared me many times over in so many areas I cannot explain & HE has shown me some of the 'side effects,' of my own behavior!

Yesterday for example at the local Home Depot store, going over with the paint section, them calling their Behr rep, no calls back, locating a manager, decision after decision with 3 little ones sitting on the floor or occasionally coming over to see how much longer and yet they were great, God didn't just give me patience yesterday, it has been a life long struggle.

Here I am standing at the paint counter alone (hubby was on a bathroom run with the 3 little ones) the paint associate states: 'I wish all my customers were like you, I haven't been able to give you the answers you want, but you are being so patient and understanding, you can come back and stay anytime.' I laughed! Oh, if he only knew just a few short years ago, I would have been a frustrated unhappy customer. But God works with us and perfects our faults into non-faults so to speak.

Last year we were at Lowes at the paint counter (yes, we spend lots of time looking for paint) man comes running in, cuts in front of us as we are speaking with the paint associate, doesn't apologize, just starts yelling he needs this paint matched and colored right away, no he can't wait, now! My husband went to say something but instead told the young person at the counter we would be back after looking for ceiling fan. We come back, the man jerks the paint off the counter, walks 5 steps or less and drops the paint can....know what?...You guessed it, all that paint was all over the floor. So now said customer is running to get paper towels, sopping all the paint and did he gain whatever time he needed? No, he lost it all. That my friends is a wake up call from God about inpatience!

So, I relate that yesterday and an older gentleman is standing next to me and says 'you see, there is a God.' Now, I knew he was being facetious, so I said back, 'Amen, there is and He showed me a valuable lesson in that incident & continues to show me His lessons.' But what a way to show me to slow down! It worked!

1-
How current is your God? Is he up to date on all your issues or do you have old hurts you still hold behind your back? Nope, He is up to date on all my life!

2-
Has the enemy ever told you there are situations that are 'old news' that are better left stuffed down? Or perhaps because they were so long ago they can't possibly be affecting you now? I think I wrote the book on stuffing stuff down & my family wrote the book on telling me to get over it, grow up, move on....incidentally, I also wrote the book on puking all of the stuff back up! Sorry for the graphics, but I used to hold everything in and then about once a year or so, just explode with everything & most of the time, I was the only one that remembered all the stuff I was holding in. It was a horrible scene both for those around me and myself!

3-
In the matter of established authority, does God truly reign in your life? I want to believe so, but there are times when I get so busy, I seem to reign in my own life and that is when I make a mess! Where are you when He calls your name? Sometimes right in line with Him and others I would say probably asleep in bed! I am working on this, but sometimes I am just so exhausted!

4-
Do you ever feel God has forgotten you in your 'west side of the wilderness'? In my new northwest side of the wilderness? Yes, but I have expounded on that in earlier lessons!

5-
Have you ever experienced a time of cleansing where God has illuminated and rejuvenated you? Oh yes, last summer when for the first time since I was 16, I took the entire summer off, went to the beach with my grandchildren numerous times, walked trails and generally did nothing! If not, do you find you are in need of this now? Yes, I need this now in the area of healing. I am in constant physical pain due to Fibromyalgia & the recent symptoms are cramps in my feet and legs at night that wake me up. I could use some rejuvenation!

I am looking for a mentor that can work with me in two spiritual areas of prayer and bible study. Please, someone who is serious and committed to helping others in these areas.

No comments: