Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lady Washington in Aberdeen

The tall ship Lady Washington is currently in Port Townsend, Washington having its bi-annual maintenance completed and should have gone into the water today to check everything out. If you want to see more of this, check out Ryan (Evil Ryan) Meyers video on the Lady Washington site at http://www.historicalseaport.org.

I spoke with Ryan several times while working this past summer at the seaport and I am hoping when they pull into Aberdeen to be able to meet him face and face and thank him and the crew for the wonderful time my grand daughter had during her battle sail last month. Yes! She is still talking about it & here is another one of her photos from that sail.


Speaking of the historical seaport and the 'it's a small world,', I was substituting today at one of our local grade schools and during lunch I happened to look up and the chairman of the board of directors daughter was sitting next to me.

I said hello and asked her about her father and how he was doing and she said, 'I know you, don't tell me, you were at the seaport this summer.'

It is a small world!

If anyone is reading this and has not been on a tall ship and live in or will be visiting Washington state in the next week or so, I highly recommend you check out the dates she will be in port and stop by. It doesn't cost anything to just take a look around, although the do request donations and you can leave what you would like, but I would at least recommend a $5-$10 per head donation.

After all, the crew is taking up their chore time to give you a tour and answer your questions.

No comments: