Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I HATE Waiting! Did you click for the day?

First and most importantly, my mother came through her surgery and is currently in recovery. She was in surgery for just over 4 hours.

The surgeon told my step-dad they removed some lymph nodes, so at this time, we will not know for at least another 4 days (make that 6-8 with the week-end) and here is where I get testy, I HATE waiting. It doesn't matter what I am waiting for, I dislike everything about it.

Example 1- A few years ago we were going to visit my family in California for Christmas and the car was all packed, we had friends coming to watch the house and we were leaving at 0500 the next morning. Did we make it? Nope, my husband knows me well enough to know I wouldn't sleep, so we got in the car and began our journey. We switched drivers often and took small naps, but we arrived at my dads at 0700. He knew we would be earlier than expected!

Example 2-I got off work at 2:00 one day and hubby was out Christmas shopping, said he might be a few minutes late. Could I be patient? NOPE! After 20 minutes, I said hooey with this and began walking home in about twenty five degree weather with ice all over the road. We were living in Michigan at the time and to make matters worse, I decided for some odd reason to take the back road home. Lucky for me, when I wasn't there, hubby took the back road to find me knowing he hadn't passed me on the routine way in to where we worked.

So, one can be fairly safe to say, I understand it takes time to do a biopsy, I understand it takes times to get the results, but it doesn't mean I have to like it!

Which brings me to this? Have you clicked on the mammogram button today? Right now, if you click everyday and send a post to everyone you know and they reach 200 for the month of April, the Breast Cancer Site is going to donate $10,000 to breast cancer research. So, it doesn't matter if you are male or female, pass this along and remind people this is a real click, not a spam click and you can do it everyday.

**Trust me when I say how important mammograms and breast exams are even if you don't have a family history of cancer. I know, we didn't and now we do, click now and come back and click daily!**

Once you are in the site, you can check out the amazing merchandise they have an perhaps do some early Christmas shopping or shopping for the summer as they have some pretty sassy tee's in sizes from small to 3XL.

No comments: