Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Hen Of A Pillow

Isn't this hen just darling? Since I haven't been called to go to work the last few days, I decided that my home was clean, their was no one here but me, so I would dedicate my time to quilting. This was the very first time I have ever done Prairie Points, so I was pretty happy with the way they came out.

I picked up the chicken wire fabric at Quilt Harbor, my local quilt shop with just this project in mind. It came from an old quilting magazine someone had given to me and she was made entirely with scraps of fabric and the butterfly came off some Easter fabric I had left over.

I tried to get a close up of the points, so you can see they each have a watering can on them and each one is a little different from the next. I chose this because I wanted to bring the whole spring garden thing together. I mean think about it, if you have ever lived in the country and grown a garden, you probably had a few chickens for fresh eggs and to peck the grubs from the ground.

This last picture is just a bit closer of the chicken, her nest and the butterfly. I just had to finish this today.
I am also going to start working on her significant other, yes, a rooster pillow but the colors will be just a bit different.

When I am finished with them both, I will be listing them in my Etsy shop and then begin work on a lap sized rooster quilt. So, if you know anyone that loves or collects chickens or roosters, have them drop by and take a look at this chick!


No comments: