Monday, May 11, 2009

In Olympia Today, The Rain Was Pink

I am so bummed that I didn't have my camera with me today. I usually take it with my to Olympia and snap pictures along the way (after I pull over of course), but today I was so happy to not be working and just have the house all to myself and clean and catch up with laundry that I lost track of time.

My doctor visit was another treatment and hopefully in two weeks when I go back, it will be the last! I really love Dr. Dickason of South Sound Womens Clinic, she is so sweet and always asks how my mom is doing and today we talked about my moms PET scan. She is never rushed and always has a smile!

From there, I was starving and stopped by McDonalds for a mini-meal and when I got out of the van, the wind was blowing and there are trees all over Olympia with tiny pink buds and the air was thick with them. So thick that it actually looked like pink rain and made me smile about how blessed I was to experience it.

I also stopped by the Variety Store in Elma and looking around. I has an awesome quilting section and I love the buttons and things they carry that you will never be able to find at WalMart. It is just a fun store to pass through.

I was talking to the lady working in the quilt department and she told me to bring a project May 30th and she will help me or one of the other ladies will with whatever I need. I hope I can do that, because it is the day after my doctor appointment.

Life is so sweet in the Northwest, it really is!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I'm glad your appointment went well and I wish I could have seen the "Pink Rain". It sounds so beautiful!

Have a wonderful day Jean!
Sherry