Thursday, September 3, 2009

Summertime Quilt


Here is one of my 'while in bed' projects. Most of this cute little quilt was completed before I entered the hospital, but the binding and some of the smaller applique I saved for when I couldn't do much else.

It came out really nice at 40" x 40" and has a really nice thick feel to it since I used Warm Companies Warm & Natural batting for the center. Matter of fact, I may use it for all of my quilts, it just gives them that old quilt feel.
Each square depicts a childs summertime activity: baseball and fishing for the boys and watering flowers and a fresh baked pie for the girls. I just love that orange is coming back into fashion not only with clothing, but quilt patterns, kitchen items, etc. Orange is one of those colors that goes unnoticed for a long period of time and then blazes in during fall.

I tried to get a real good up close of the detail on this little Sunbonnet gal, but my camera wasn't cooperating. You can see even her little hat has tiny flowers on it and the pie has strawberries.

The backing is orange with large bright polka dots in oranges, greens, blues and yellow, it is a contrast to the larger dots on the front border.

This one will be listed on Ebay in the next week or so.

No comments: