Sunday, September 6, 2009

Yummy Blueberry Muffins


Yesterday took quite a bit of umph out of my back and by dinner time, I was hitting the Vicodan because of all the pain I was in. What was odd, all I did was ride in the truck to Olympia for some sunshine and back (yes, I got out several times). I am seriously beginning to think it is the back brace as the longer I have to wear it, the more it seems to weigh!
Sleep didn't come any easier with the constant feeling that someone is sitting on my back or pushing on it causing me pressure in my incision area. But I am being told it is just the muscles and this will be over soon enough!
This morning I got up and decided to do something I haven't done since before surgery and that is bake some breakfast muffins and since I had a large container of fresh blueberries all I had to do was whip up a batch. They were so gooey, warm and delicious the kids ate them without any butter. I also added a good dose of Wheat Germ to them for added punch!
Here is my recipe for home baked blueberry muffins:
Line or grease a muffin pan & pre-heat oven to 400
In a large bowl add the following and mix them well:
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
1 cup milk
In a smaller bowl mix:
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
Stir the dry ingredients to mix them well. Add them slowly to the wet ingredients, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl frequently.
Slowly add in blueberries.
***Mixture will be thick and a bit lumpy***
Spoon into muffin tin about 1/2 full and bake in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the top and a toothpick stuck in comes out clean! Remove them from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
This will make 12 nice sized muffins.

No comments: