As you can see, it has 12 panels and yes, the middle one with stars was done on purpose! It has the days of the week and then some really neat butterflies, strawberries and pineapple for added decor!I enclosed each square with hearts and stars and then zipped up the ditches for a stitch in the ditch finish. Here is the top 6 squares and you can see how the hearts and the stars run up and down framing in each embroidered square.
Since this is the year to destash, all of the fabric came from what I already had on hand.
This quilt was almost complete before I went to my moms a few weeks ago and it was still sitting on my sewing machine when I came back.
Today, I felt perhaps if I worked on and completed this maybe, just maybe some part of the numbness I have been feeling would go away. It hasn't, but it has given me a push to finish this post and then begin cleaning up the messes I have discovered all over the house.
I finished the back with various strips of red and white fabric and tossed in the red, white and black fabric to give it a bit of a 'POP!' I then took what I had left of these fabrics and cut them into 2" x 3" pieces and made a pieced border to go around it.
How refreshing this quilt looks to me with its crispness of whites and reds!