Sunday, April 11, 2010

What a great day the kids and I had yesterday. Aside from waking up in lots of pain and with my hands and feel swollen, I was determined, I wouldn't let that get in our way of having some fun. The first thing the kids saw was this huge ship sitting anchored out in the harbor. But when middle bit took a picture, she got this gull in flight as well. Great photo!

This next photo she took as she was climbing down the jetty wall that keeps the water (for the most part) where it belongs. She really loved all the rocks and driftwood there was to climb around on.

In order to get some incredible shots of the ocean, you have to get up on the jetty wall or climb up the observation tower and I didn't have the strength to crawl up the tower stairs. So, pain and all, I manuevered the jetty wall. A good exercise for those that know my physical fortitude at this time.


This photo is for my friend Melinda who used to fish in this area and who I know will recognize the Olympic mountain rainge in the background. If you look closely you can see the snow is still on the mountains.

I have always loved the beach/ocean and as a kid spent many hours in and near it, but it wasn't as cold in California as it is here. Here it is freezing, so I take lots of pictures and every once in awhile, I dip my toes in.

However, as you can see from this picture, the water was quite choppy and rough and none of us were going to get close enough to stick our toes in. A friend of mine was also out this way and said it was so windy, she never got out of her vehicle.

The kids saw this little gull out the window of my office and took a picture of him. Yesterday, there were gulls all around due to the sunshine and the fact I think they were moving some fish around for the fisherman.


And of course, what trip to the beach would be complete without a trip to get some delicious ice cream? As I was ordering, they secretly snapped this picture of me. Sneaky with that camera they sure are!




































No comments: