Friday, December 10, 2010

Its All Stuff....

Hubby just called me quite vexed that I am listing some of my stuff on Ebay. Well, it isn't just stuff or it wasn't when I got it.

One of the items is my prized Franciscan Desert Rose butter dish without a finial and with a manufacturing defect. This is a rare piece without the finial, but with the other defect it is really rare. I scored it years ago from someone who thought it was broken and even I didn't realize it was rare. It was manufactured in 1947.

My Harley Davidson brass bezel watch that I got as a Christmas gift in the 1980's and it still works, still has the original band on it, but I don't wear watches anymore.

Ditto for the Baby G-Shock I had to have in purple.

Due to my injury, my work hours haven't been great and the bill collectors are calling now almost constantly. Yesterday I counted 15 calls back to back in 20 minutes. I would love to tell them I can pay them all right now, but it isn't going to happen.

I don't want you to feel sorry for me or think I am feeling pity. I am not. It is what it is and knowing that if I can sell some of my 'STUFF,' and pay some bills off, we can actually take a vacation next year, or sit at home and not say its a bill collector when the phone rings, be able to help my sons out more than we can, or our church more than we can right now.

Yeah, I am okay with giving up stuff.

I fell, I got hurt, I would take it back if I could, but I can't. It is where God has placed me right now and you know what? I don't think it is in such a bad place!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I fell, I got hurt, I would take it back if I could, but I can't. It is where God has placed me right now and you know what? I don't think it is in such a bad place!"

Sometimes it is hard to be thankful in our times of trials and tribulations, but it sounds like you are in a good place to me.
I too have been out of work for too long, have bill collectors calling, BF got fired thanksgiving and looking to be evicted anytime, electricity due to be cut off as well....but I am truly thankful that I have the LORD by my side and he is in control.
My prayers will include you and your family.

God bless.

Quiltingranny said...

I appreciate the prayers, life is hard for all of us! I just don't understand why people wait until the holidays to let people go....corporate mentality I guess?