My son and daughter-in-law were here visiting awhile back and I was finally able to get some approval for how they wanted to have their quilt completed. They both like loud, bold colors and simple designs, so I cut out large squares the size of 20 x 20 each of the black fabric.
Then I took several other dot collections I had and cut various sizes out and have been placing them in various locations on the squares, so they aren't all in the middle or on the right. I then use steam-a-seam lite and iron them on and then applique them.
Here are a few other squares I have completed:
The blue one actually has orange bubbles with another blue bubble on the top of it giving it some dimension. I think when it is completed, it is going to be very unique and bold!