Monday, March 21, 2011

Old Quilts, New Quilts..It Doesn't Matter

I have been busy all day repairing an old quilt (my second one I ever made) to send to Japan. The reason I am working to repair this one is because it is very heavy and has a fleece backing, so it is perfect for a small child or infant. I also was donated from Baby Boy one of his Spiderman quilts & I have one almost completed. I would like to send a box of 5-10 to Quilters Newsletter by the middle of April.

I hope others are with me and working towards sending a quilt or two to Japan. I would love to see them!

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

If you read the comments of this thread
http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/blogs/insideqn/2011/03/18/call-for-quilts-for-japan/ and check out Dana's comment, they are requesting only new quilts. Not sure if you knew that. Hugs

Quiltingranny said...

I didn't see where they said new only, but I know someone told me gently/barely used!

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

What a wonderful way to share a quilt

Scrappy quilter said...

http://with-heart-and-hands.blogspot.com/ is the update. I'd e-mail Dana to make sure because you don't want to go through all that work and not be able to send used. Hugs