Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Quilt Arrived

Many of you who are new to my blog probably wonder if the quilts I make really go to where I say I am sending them or if I sell them and keep the money. I want all of you to know I send every quilt I make for charity to the people I say I am sending them to.

Today, I opened my Email and received this sweet message from Larry Musick CEO of Global Samaritan where I sent my large quilt for Japan:
Jean,
Your beautiful quilt arrived yesterday. Thank you for all your hard work. I know the people of Japan will appreciate this gift so much.

Blessings,

Larry Musick

Bless his heart, he even sent me a picture of it as they took it out of the box:
I promise all of you if I you send me fabric, money for postage, notions, thread, etc. I use this for the help of others, not for my personal gain.

I do at times make quilts to sell and those in turn help me pay for postage and like so many other things in our economy just seems to keep going up in price.

I work from home and I am blessed to do so. I am raising 3 beautiful grandchildren and am blessed to do so. I am living in Washington state where I have wanted to be for so long and am blessed to be here!

In my mind, I have so much, I can bless others. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

I am very seriously thinking about starting up a charity for quilters as a 501.3C and perhaps then people will feel more comfortable donating to me so I can help others.

Also, you have about another 14 days to send any quilts you may have off to Global Samaritan for Japan.


1 comment:

Scrappy quilter said...

If people think that, they must think the same thing on my blog. It doesn't matter...God and I know exactly where I've sent them to. I love that we are both kindred spirits when it comes to helping others with quilts. Hugs