Thursday, June 9, 2011

Teddy Bears and Jean Bag

I just completed this quilt today and am now offering it for sale on Ebay and will personalize it as well. A portion of the sales from this quilt will go to benefit others with a portion going to the Victory Junction Gang Camp for terminally ill children. VCGC is one of Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall camps and ran by the Petty family.

The remainder of the money from this quilt will go into a postage fund I use for sending out charity quilts. Just like the rest of the economy, postal rates seem to go up and up and costs are high when you are mailing large or
numerous quilts at one time.

Vicki, I hope you do not mind me selling this as you sent me the kit, however, I feel at times I do need to bring in money to continue to mail out quilts to those in need.

I also finished another repurposed jean bag to be used for groceries and this one was made from an old pair of Wranglers. The last one I sold quickly, the only problem is, it seems to take PayPal forever to put the money into my actual bank account!

If this quilt doesn't sell, I will be forwarding it onto victims of the Joplin tornado!

No comments: