Monday, February 6, 2012

Quiltingranny Really Does Quilt

I told you I have been slowly working on something and here it is. A Baby gift set that includes a handmade and painted baby quilt with 2 matching burp clothes (I even monogrammed one to say Baby), a travel changing pad so the baby doesn't have to be put down on those dirty changing tables in public restrooms.

It doesn't have a home just yet, but I find that when I make things like this, they usually wind up finding a home within a few months. I don't even know anyone who is pregnant. It started with the center panel which I absolutely loved and hand to paint, then I had enough fabric for the burp clothes and then I ordered more to make the changing pad.


I know it has been awhile, but as I have said, I am actually taking time for me this year. I have gotten myself into a routine these past few months of setting aside certain days to do laundry, floors, etc., so I am not wearing my self out by doing it all in one day.


I also set aside time weekly for a massage that was ordered by my doctor to see if we can stop my back spasms, we haven't stopped them yet, but it feels ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so good!


Thanks for your patience!


6 comments:

zarina said...

Your photo is one year ahead. Its dated 2013.

~Niki~ said...

I went for a massage and adjustment last week and oh, it was awesome, yes. I get upper back/neck pain so bad too. I have been quilting a bit as well.

Love Of Quilts said...

Your quilt is so nice. I hope you get those back spasms stopped that's bad company.

Jodi - usairdoll said...

What a great gift set. Make it and they will come. hehe. Somebody will be very happy when they recieve it. Sorry your back is giving you problems. I have fibromyalgia and dealing with pain on a daily basis is hard. I hope you find some relief soon.

Also Jeanne from The Learning Curve sent me over today.

usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com

Unknown said...

whatever you can do to get some relief is a good thing....Take care and know I am here if you need me.....

Nicole said...

That is a lovely quilt. Do take care of your back!