For me, I realized I cannot say Diet, it is a flag to sabotage my efforts healthier eating habits is much easier on my brain!
So, what changes have I made?
- I gave up my morning cappucino and replaced it with a cup of Ginger/Pear white tea or a glass of 1/2 grapefruit juice and 1/2 water. I have come to discover as much as I love the juice, drinking it full strength for several days aggravates my fibromyalgia.
- No more junk food in the house except for a few snacks for hubby. I can't expect a man who weighs less than 140 pounds at 6 feet tall to go without a few chips.
- Daily vitamins...I can't do regular vitamins oddly enough they make me immediately dizzy and nauseous, however I can do the adult gummy vits and do!
- Go to bed earlier. With fibro I usually stay up most of the night into the wee hours of the morning, but now I try to go to bed before midnight and if I am wide awake at 0300 so be it, I get up for a bit and try to go back to sleep again. If I can great and if not, that is okay too.
- Eggs, I find if I eat an egg when I think I need to snack, it does the trick.
For me one small step at a time!
Tell me how your journey is going, I would love to hear it!