Tuesday, July 16, 2013

For A Brother of the Granite Mountain Hotshots


This is for Bobby Percin, the brother of Granite Mountain Hotshot John and I am so hoping he likes it!

Pat West from 501 Quilt Blocks, sent over the top and as soon as I saw it I knew it was going to one of the surviving brothers. But what to do for the back?

Knowing this family lives in Oregon and it gets chilly, I went for the green and blue fleece for its warmth but also because it reminded me of the beautiful blue skies that peek through the Evergreen tree's in that area and knowing these men fought fires to keep the areas green and beautiful.

I stitched between the blocks and love the pattern it made on the back and bound it in blue to have a bit of sky around the front.

Thank you Pat!  This will go out in the mail today!

No comments: