Monday, August 12, 2013

Calling All Quilters I Need Your Help

I am a small blogger with 306 followers and honestly I would say less than that from who I receive posts and Emails from and that is okay!

However, many of you have 500, 1000, 3000 and more followers and I am pretty sure some of those followers are quilters.

So, here is where I need your help.  If you cannot make a quilt, if you cannot even make a 6.5" block for the surviving member of the Granite Mountain Hotshot crew, can you commit to posting the need on your blog?

It only takes a few minutes of your time.  I would like to have them all in by October but if the deadline that is no deadline is extended that is okay as well.

I would really love to see some more international quilters and that is where you all come in, we all have 1 or 2 quilters we know from outside of the United States, lets get them involved as well!

Post a link on your blog, post a post on your blog, give a shout out about this to other quilting bloggers, I would like to have at the minimum a queen sized quilt 60 x 80 which would mean I need at least, bare minimum 120 squares and let me tell you at this writing we aren't even close.

So, what are you waiting for?  Ask your quilting friends, your quilting bloggers, your local quilt shops to please get involved. 

Simply a 6.5" block with their name, well wishes and location written on the front. Or just name and location.

I know I have reached out to several of you through the years, I have helped you when and where I could because I believe that is what we should do, reach out to help others.  I know many of use have had people reach out to us...lets pay it forward for a young man who really needs to feel the love!

No comments: