Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Granite Mountain Hotshot Family Quilt Pics....


This is another quilt made by Kerri for one of the Deford brothers and I believe this is actually her 3rd quilt.  I love the super large blocks she used and the colors!




The 2 pictures above are of the quilt Jessica made for Amanda Marsh, the wife of Granite Mountain Hotshot Eric Marsh. I love the way Jessica tried to include the many colors of this area by reflecting the trees, the rocks and the sky!

If you would like to see more of what Jessica does, you can check out her blog over at Quilty Habit.

These last two are once again a collaboration quilt between Pat West over at 501 Quilt Blocks blog and myself.

Pat was so amazing and sent me a ton of blocks to make quilts with so I grabbed these, added the borders, backing, batting and binding and love the way this one came out for Rebecca Deford, Dustin Deford's sister.



The back is a really sweet Zebra and Large Floral print flannel that came from JoAnn Fabrics and I added a pink and white flannel binding.

Will add the label today and in the mail it will go at the end of the week.

2 comments:

mckittycat said...

Are you still looking for blocks and/or quilts? We have our first guild meeting on Friday and was wondering about presenting to our members. Mary Ann

Pat said...

'Our quilt' looks great. I'm so glad to see the blocks being used.