Thursday, January 23, 2014

Keep Your Eye On Your Goal & Not The Scale

Prior to Christmas, I decided I really needed to get serious and lose weight, find out why I feel so drained all the time and get out and walk more often.  

That was about a month ago yesterday and I have been very diligent to follow a regimen that works for me. I drink lots of water starting with 16 ounces first thing in the morning.

Then I eat breakfast whether I wan to or not. I have found my favorite is cottage cheese and blueberries, I also like scrambled egg whites and salsa and the new flat bread sandwiches by Special K.

I clean house a bit or do a load of laundry and out the door I go. I either walk to my mailbox twice in the morning and then once every hour, take the dog for a walk or walk around the inside of Home Depot.

Monday, I discovered a public walking track near the girls school so I will take the dog out there once or twice a week and walk.

Lunch is usually something easy but without bread.  Maybe a salad, some brown rice or veggies.

Dinner is what everyone else eats, but less and lots more water.

I also joined Spark People, a free site where you can set goals, meet people in your area for walks, track the food you have eaten and the water you drink, chase away the winter blues, or whatever you choose and did I mention, it is free?

Last week I stepped on the scale and it hadn't budged from the week before.  In the past that would have given me an excuse to eat more junk, but I knew in my mind things were changing because I wasn't feeling as bloated and I can actually feel my waist a bit.

Don't give into the scale I told myself, it lies!  Seriously, have you ever weighed at home and then gone to the doctor and weighed again?  You never weigh the same twice, so I decided to continue on!

I don't cheat on my weigh in.  I do it at home, once a week on Thursdays and that is it.  Today, I am down 2+ pounds from last week and over 10 pounds since I started.

Being obese and as much as I hate to admit it, I am...my first goal is now within 12 pounds.  When I make it, I will have to go out and get some of those new cushy running/walking socks as a treat.

So, if you are feeling a bit down and gloomy over your weight, you might try Spark People and see how it works for you!

No comments: