Thursday, January 9, 2014

Please Help Layers of Hope

I am entering into the phase where we are just about to go live with some amazing things at Layers of Hope and I am very much in need of knitting, crocheting and quilting angels to continue this journey in 2014.

Please contact me and let me know if you would be willing to help us this year help 911 Operators and their families with a quilt of warmth for our unseen heroes.

I have been blessed to know so many wonderful people that are so kind and giving and this year I want to have a larger list to choose from.

If you can provide a knitted, crocheted or quilted blanket, please let me know or hop over to Layers of Hope - Quilting 911 and leave me a comment or comment here.

If you can't and you are willing to donate fabric, thread, batting or postage costs, let me know that as well.

I never ask for postage costs until a blanket is ready to go out and the same for fabric, batting, thread. If there is a need, I will ask and if you want to send ahead of a need, I will accept your offers.

To put it into perspective for you.  I DO NOT work. I am disabled and blessed to have a husband who can work, but we are also raising 3 grandchildren ages 10, 11 & 12 years of age who are in junior high and elementary school and we received no financial aid for them.

This week I had six quilts that needed to be sent off. Sadly, I could only get three out because after hitting $50 in postage, I couldn't send anymore.

I talked with Intuit yesterday about their services and the man kept telling me I am a non-profit and should apply for non-profit status, but it takes time, money and an attorney to do so and I cannot afford to do so at this time, but I have completed my first leg of my Washington State business license and because it was cost free.

Please, help us help those who help so many and need us when they are hurting. 911 Operators do not receive the same blessings that police and firefighters do and many times they are let go when they become to sick to finish the job, they do not receive the same benefits or respect.

This year, please consider reaching out and helping us reach a 911 Operator in need!

No comments: