Monday, March 3, 2014

Thread Issues No More...Thank you Shelley

A few weeks back, I asked for some guidance with thread as I was having some issues, okay so I was having many issues, which at times made me want to scream and trust me, I did!

Then Shelley from the blog Quilting with the Dread Pirate Rodgers answered my plea and told me about an amazing thread company called  Fil-Tec and their site is called Bobbin Central and please do not tell me I am the only quilter that hadn't hear of this company.

She suggested I order a few spools and give it a whirl and lets just say I got a wee bit over zealous and ordered a pink and orange spool of Glide thread which is a trilobal polyester and I ordered two of their Clear Glide bobbin spools (not the pre-wound bobbins).

First of all, let me tell you that I, ahem, ah, bit off a bit more than I could chew and ordered the large spool not realizing it is large and my machine can't hold it.

However, my dear hubby said he can make me a thread stand pretty easily so I can use them.

In the meantime, I have wound 2 bobbins with the top thread Glide and cannot tell you how very impressed I am with this thread.  It doesn't fray, split, ball up and as the name implies, it just glides through my quilts with ease.

Lets just say I am 100% sold on their threads and the great thing about it is their prices are amazing! I paid under $7.50 per 5000m spool and it is less than $3.00 for the 1000m spools.

When you compare the prices of Fil-Tec threads with what other name brands cost at JoAnn's or other quilting shops you are saving yourself or at least I am a ton of money and they have lots of colors and are adding more.

I haven't tried their pre-wound bobbins, but I am sure they would be as easy to use as the Glide is!

Thank you and huge hugs to Shelley!

No comments: