Monday, November 17, 2014

A Night Of Fun

Saturday our house was all a buzz with activities as we prepared for the kids first concert, Winter Jam 2014 which featured great Christian artists such as Jeremy Camp, Newsong, Colton Dixon and Disciple to name a few.

As you can see, it was a huge venue. We were blessed to be a part of Young Life and ride on the bus which got us very close to the stadium but not close enough that I didn't trip going up a hill. I am happy to say, I am fine and while some of the students just walked past me, several stopped to help me up and finished the walk with me!

The oldest brought a friend and they watched three artists and then spent the rest of the evening walking around the Tacoma Dome and checking out the vendors...I was sad because I think they would have really liked it had her friend not started to complain because it was Christian.

Our grandson loved it. We all sat in the same general area, however he had a friend and they had a great time. Every I looked back to check on him, he was up and dancing and shouting!

Of course, our youngest sat next to me and she had a little baby behind her who was so cute, he kept hugging her and then laying his head on hers, he was a little cutie. With her right now it is difficult to say if she enjoyed it or not, but she didn't complain so I am hoping she did.  I saw her singing to a few of the songs, so hope she had a good time.

Diva Girl, sat next to me and just really had a great time. Next year I think she would enjoy it a bit better if she went with our church group. The Young Life group while behaved, was just not anyone she really hangs with.

We came home and I took them to McDonalds for a bite to eat.

I am hoping 2015 will bring us more opportunities like this and praying Brandon Heath will come back out this way!
 

No comments: