Monday, January 5, 2015

Thread Count 2014

I can't remember where I saw this last year, but someone said it would be fun to save all of our empty thread spools and see how many we used throughout 2014.

I was pretty shocked when the grands took them out of the box and set them up and counted them to find out that I had actually gone through 41 spools of thread.

 As you can tell, I use lots of different types of thread from Sulky, Coats and Clark, Signature, Gutermann, YSl, etc..  Most of this has been donated to me or purchased on sale when I see it and that is the reason we have so many different colors and sizes of spools.

In my quilting, I try to use all my thread keep some basic colors on hand such as black, tan, white and gray as I find they do quilting and blending nicely.

If anyone else did this in 2014, I would love to know how many spools you used!


3 comments:

Sherry said...

I did not do it....but I remember seeing the post somewhere and thought it would be a fun thing to do.

Of course I did not get all that much done last year so I don't know if it would have been exciting to see! LOL

I think I will do it this year and see what happens.

Scrappy quilter said...

I didn't count the spools. What I have done for the past couple years is keep track of how many metres I've used. It's amazing just how much.

Trish C said...

PROOF IN THE PUDDING AS THEY SAY, THAT YOU HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF SEWING THIS PASS YEAR.