Sunday, August 23, 2015

Be Wary of Scammers

Layers of Hope - Quilting 911 is Washington state trademarked and I am working on getting a 100% trademark, so please, do NOT use our logo without permission.

With that said, Layers of Hope - Quilting 911 does not actively use any type of fund raising for money, we rely 100% on the generosity of our readers, supporters and quilters and will occasionally generate an account with social media to raise funds. We have NOT pursued that this year at all.

I say this, because we mainly collect quilts, fabric, thread, tools for quilting to help our 911 community and our communities during disasters. I would prefer quilts but at times we may ask for funds to help support mailing or travel expenses.

I am saying this in the rare case that someone may call or contact you asked for money for Layers of Hope, please, do NOT give, contact me immediately as I do not want anyone using us to scam people for money.

Now, with that said, if you would like to 'borrow,' our logo to print up a flier for a local quilt, fabric or yarn shop, please contact me and I will send you a copy that you can use.

I can assure you, the quilts you send, do go to those in need! The money were blessed with last year paid for our logo, stationary, postage, fabric and travel expenses to Oso and Okanogan County.

We are NOT a non-profit, we just do NOT make a profit.

Scammer will always be out there, be wary is all I am asking!

No comments: