Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Headstone For Unclaimed Baby

On July 1, 2017, I posted how I had attended a coroners funeral for unclaimed or forgotten people. If you read that post you know how I was not planning on going and then decided I needed to go.

I spent that entire day crying about the little baby boy whose cremains were placed in a vault with older people. Seriously, it hurt my heart to know that while this child's soul may no longer be here, this baby deserves a proper burial.

Well, here we are, 24 days later and I have been able to have the cemetery donate a plot on a hill next to another baby for this child's final resting place.

I have also been able to speak to our local monument makers and found out, I can get a reddish heart shaped stone with an angel on it for this baby so it will NOT be forgotten and someone will see someone cared.

I have $200 of the $409 needed to pay for the headstone next week and I am asking if by chance I still have any readers out there and you feel like you would like to help me give this child a proper burial and headstone you contact me please.

I could do a Go Fund Me account, however, they take a % off the top and I don't want to do that. I will take picture and post here once the stone is set.

I do NOT know the story behind this baby. All I know is he was 7 months gestation, died the day he was born or was still born and he has been with the local coroner for two years without a parent claiming the body.

As a mom who lost a child, I cannot imagine this parents pain. But I do know in my heart, that someday this mother, a father, a sibling, grandparent may reach out to the cemetery and ask about this little angel and they will see someone cared enough to not allow this baby to be forgotten. 

This is the actual invoice for the stone. I have to collect the money prior to paying for the stone and in Washington we have such a short window to do so.

Please contact me if you would like to donate!

No comments: