Sunday, August 10, 2008

Bible Study continued..


Onward bound I travel with Lisa McKay's Bible study. Anyone is willing to jump right in and join.

1. It was stated in the Lesson that God has made you "once, twice, three times a lady." Where are you in this progression? Obviously we have all been physically born, but are you 'twice a lady'? Have you been born again spiritually? This may be a private matter you'd like to discuss confidentially. If so, email me. If you have already received this gift, write a brief prayer of thanksgiving or testimony.Father in Heaven, You are an awesome God, there is nothing that compares & I thank you daily for sending your son Jesus to die on the cross for me, when I so did not deserve it. Thank you Father, for my life, my family but mostly for always hearing my prayers and adding new people in my life.
Amen.

2. Are you three times a lady? Has God given you a stirring deep within your Spirit to be a 'deliverer'?Yes! Do you have a desire or are you already meeting a need in the life of the church, a particular ministry (such as jail ministry, food ministry, etc.) or perhaps individuals who share common issues? I have always wanted to reach out to the homeless and while there are a few organizations in Aberdeen that claim they reach out to the lost on the streets, I haven't seen them in action. I have made one quilt for the homeless & hope to make more so when the impending winter is upon us, they can at least be warmed. I also feel working in prison ministry or with prisoners and their families or a church food bank is where my gifts would be used for the most good! I currently work in church nursery and beginning Sunday School class.

3. Do you ever get tired of waiting for that opportunity to do something
worthwhile for God? Yes. Long story, but god had us move to Aberdeen, (if you want the full story Email me)but since moving here it is as if He has forgotten my family...I can't find a job, the bills are stacking up and the phone rings constantly with people wanting money. Somedays, we eat sandwiches and I am grateful for having made jam this past summer. While I believe in my heart God sent us here, I don't know why now He has turned his back on us.Do you ever feel God is using someone else instead of you? Not specifically, but just wondering why I can't find a job and why He is waiting so long to place me in one.

4. What do you consider 'worthwhile ministry'? See above.Are you like me and sometimes find yourself mistakenly thinking it has to be Big to be Important?Not big, just something.

5. Have you ever taken a spiritual gifts test? If yes, what are yours? If no, here's a good one from
Ephesians 4 Ministry. Will you take it and come back with a response? Knowing some of you like I already do, I can almost pick out what your gift is before you say it. I can't wait to see if I'm right! My gifts are administration, teaching and exhortation. Pretty right on with the way I want my life to go as well.

Good night all...And if anyone knows how to write a resume that would fit today's business world and you would like to help me out, I could sure use someone with knowledge in this area. However, it would have to be pro-bono (no cost) for me.

No comments: