Wednesday, August 13, 2008


So, here I am continuing to share in this wonderful Bible Study and still believing that God is speaking to me in so many ways lately. I had another job interview today and felt I really blew it! They were looking for a receptionist for a local business, so I completed an application but left out my Bachelors and Masters degrees. Now it seems I should have put them on because they are looking for someone to double in HR as well. Well, I was told they would be doing second interviews so if I am lucky to be one of the ones chosen, I will submit my resume! BTW for all who are wondering about the prison job....drum roll please, I have a second interview with them tomorrow.


Have you ever found yourself 'in faith' yet bewildered or demoralized?
Yes, my walk with the Lord right now where I am 'in faith,' and yet because I can't find a job and our bills are stacking up day after day, I do feel bewildered and demoralized. I feel like the Lord led me out of Egypt and then set me down in the middle of the red sea and opened the flood gates.

Do you consider yourself content? SometimesWould you describe it as Decidedly Content or Dreamily Content? Neither, I think I am circumstantially content. For the most part I am happy and content being where we live in our home having a wonderful husband, painting our house. But then, I don't have a job so I am not content. I pay a bill & I feel better, but 10 more stack up and I am left not so content anymore. Does any of this make sense to anyone?

If you are not content, are there circumstances that keep you from this feeling? Same old thing, no job, winter is coming and our home has no insulation, we need to stock up on firewood and have no extra money. We were just starting to pay bills off and follow Dave Ramsey's plan, we had paid a truck off, a house, several credit cards and destroyed them, some medical bills and even had money saved until January. So no job makes me discontent.

Have you ever found yourself in a place where you looked back on a period of your Christian walk and believed a great opportunity passed you by? Only once. A friend of mine and I were researching and working on opening a small Christian Book Store, however due to living in a small area, we didn't think it would work out. Now there are two in very close proximity in the same area. Aside from that, I never look back with regret, even our move out of Arizona where we had a bigger home & nicer home, acreage & good jobs. It all comes from my dad who once told me never look back on a car you have sold or the life you have lived. I am where God wants me to be.

Do you ever believe your faith was stronger in an earlier time in your Christianity and find yourself floundering now? No, because I didn't have any mentors when I became saved or for that matter throughout my life I have never had any Christian mentors. Now, I have several & when I feel like I am slipping in quicksand, I reach out to one of them.

. Can you recognize that this season may be one of great preparation instead of a period of "I Was"? I truly believe this is exactly what is going on in my life right now. God is preparing me for something only He knows about!

I would love to hear from those of you on your opinions or just looking for a Christian friend.



No comments: