Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Bit of Embelishing


In the last apron swap I was in, I won a fantastic magazine by Stampington and it was filled with wonderful projects on dressing things up. I decided to take on a denim jacket for our little diva princess in the house and have been working slowly on beading and other things. Last night, it was the hit of the party!

Here, you can see the multi-colored blue and purple glass beads that I have added to the collar. She picked the beads on her own, now we need to see if we can find them again since I purchased them for another of her projects when we lived in Arizona!

The flower is in the middle of the back panel. It is the same fabric she chose for her apron and the pattern was cut from a friends coloring book. I outlined it in blue fabric paint and then painted a happy face in the middle for her!

Lastly, I am adding small pink seed beads to the back edge of this piece. I do not know where it will end, but I know she will have a very unique jacket when it is finished!



No comments: