Friday, November 14, 2008

I Won Shawnee's Apron!

Up until a few weeks ago, I had never won anything at all in my life. Today, I went to the mail box and there was a package from Shawnee over at the Holiday Apron Swap. I was thinking she was my apron partner for Yarni Gras hot chocolate apron swap.

WOW! Imagine my genuine shock and surprise as I opened up a note card that said thank you for being the one who named her dress form. My name of Rosie was the winning name.

I chose Rosie because the dress form reminded me of Rosie the Robotic Maid of the Jetson's and also Rosie the Riveter from WWII fame.

So, I open this package and look at the beautiful work that was done on this apron. It is all hand done with ribbon and embroidery thread and I am humbled and awed beyond words. This was simply an amazing piece of art.

Here is an up close shot of all the work Shawnee put into this piece and this isn't the half of it. She lined it, she put loops on it for hanging, each piece is in itself a piece of art.

I will show more pictures later, when I have the time, but I truly wanted to post this to show everyone the wonderful work that Shawnee does & how blessed I am to receive this gift.
What made it more enjoyable, was that I didn't even know I had been chosen as the winner!

Here I am in the living room wearing my apron for the camera. Oh, this has just been so much fun to make aprons and in the last few months, I have gone from owning one apron to having an entire kitchen wall area filled with aprons.

Thank you Shawnee & Rosie!

No comments: