Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lesson 15, Full Circle...I've Been Here Before~


First to give Lisa the credit for an amazing spirit filled Bible Study. Next to say the title of this is Full Circle, I added the last line on my own because my life has come full circle many times.

. I think we can all agree most of us find ourselves closer to God in the struggle than without it. How does it affect you knowing that trial is what draws you more intimately in relationship to Your God?
I think I tend to become more optimistic and positive because I am naturally a pessimistic person in many ways and the struggle forces me to smile and know God is closer to me in my troubles than in good times. The great things about struggles are just when you feel you are going to crack and give up, the sun comes out brighter than before and God gives you time to enjoy what you learned. Once again my mantra has to be that I am exactly at any moment where I am supposed to be according to Gods will.

Have you ever made a huge mistake but then found yourself in the position for a 'do-over'? Did you make a better decision the second or third or fourth time around? :) Yes I have and Yes I have and many times I did NOT make the right decision. To make the right decision one has to have their heart and mind in the right place and many times I could justify my actions when no one else around me could. Now, I have finally learned!

Is there a 'generational sin' in your family you have overcome? This can be anything from a lineage of unbelief to issues of many kinds. This may be a private matter. Share if you feel liberty or quietly thank God for His deliverance. If you have not yet been delivered, I pray with all my heart God's Word is giving you courage to ask for help in that area. I have not overcome it. My grandfather was the most wonderful man in my life. He taught me many things from how to treat people respectfully, be honest, stand up for what is right, be yourself, don't let people walk all over you, etc. My family states in many ways I am just like him. With his wonderful kindness, he had a falling out with his family in his younger days and left home very young. His brother went in a cleaned out their mothers home during her funeral and my grandfather and he got in a huge fight. He never talked to him again and told him he was dead. My grandfather wasn't very forgiving when it came to family. Likewise, I am not either. My family has done some things over the years to shut me out & then when I speak up about it, I get told to shut up, get over it, grow up, etc. It is hard to go into it here without worrying about one of them finding this post and starting it all over again. The last incident revolved around my brother-in-law writing a letter to my dad and step-mother calling me everything but the devil himself and when he was done describing all the horrible things I am calling me the devil would have been better. Other than my mom, no one keeps in contact with me unless I contact them and I have stopped that altogether. Sometimes the best family we have are friends that have been there for us in thick and thin. I have tried twice to mend fences, I have prayed to God about it, but I just cannot try to fix what is broken. It is better to leave the hornets nest alone than to walk up and kick it!

Is there a sister you need to extend grace towards in order to be able to 'bless God together'?No. Do you comprehend how your unforgiveness is hindering her from inhabiting her own Promise? I believe we can forgive without getting involved with the person again. If no, do you recognize a situation within your church body where this may be happening? No. If so, ask God to raise up a 'Phinehas' (mediator) in this situation. He may just reveal the Phinehas is you. :)I did this once, my baby sister reached out to me and advised me to write my pains to my other sister. I was very kind in my letter but to the point. My sister called me and it wound up in a shouting match. Several months passed and she called me again to tell me baby sister told her she had not been in touch with me, she would have never recommended I write her a letter and that I was crazy. I was crushed! Yet, when it came to a nephews graduation of baby sister, she sent me an invitation, lucky for me when sister #1 called and I told her and she called me crazy, my mom was standing next to me to confirm I wasn't crazy, but baby sister wasn't honest either. I just don't need the drama!

I don't feel well, my sinus infection is getting the best of me and this study seems to have drained me emotionally. I am going to take a nap!




No comments: