Saturday, January 31, 2009

E is for Everything

'Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, do not repay evil for evil and in everything, give thanks.'
1 Thessalonians 5:15-18

God wants us to be in constant contact with Him for everything and all things. A few days ago while working at a local school, I sat in my car at lunch time and I prayed for the community around the school, the educators, the homes I could see and the vehicles that passed by.

This morning I woke up before hubby (a very rare time) and before I even sat up, I laid in bed praising God for all my blessing and praying for the needs of those I know and do not know.

I was very happy to see my paycheck this month and I thanked God for it being as well as it was. This is allowing me to continue to pay some of my small bills off, I will get my giveaways in the mail, I am able to purchase the small things this month from a home based business/handmade and a few other things we need.

I am thankful for my future daughter-in-law that she does not have a clot in her lung and I am praying they will be able to move into a much nicer and cleaner apartment and neighborhood this week. They have been offered a small one bedroom apartment with a den with caring owners who want to help.

I am thankful for the job I have & for my husbands job and I am saddened by all those that have lost their jobs. I will not stop writing letters and fighting with politicians in this area to do something besides give lip service to bringing new jobs in.

So, today's word is Everything!

Not only are we to be thankful for everything, we are to stand strong when we are troubled or worried because of the word of God and we are not to let the daily worries get us down, but be thankful for Everything!

Yes, I know it isn't easy, but God didn't promise to make our lives easy, He promised us that he would be with us and stand strong and carry us when we need Him to. Trust me, I am the worlds biggest worrier, however, as each day of 2009 goes by, I am giving my worries over to God more and more and I know that He will take care of me. It may not be what I am used to, but He will give me what I need and not always what I want.

Heavenly Lord Jesus, I am so very thankful for all You choose to give to me and to my family and friends. These are uncertain times Father in our world, but it is our world and not Yours and may be stand strong on Your word and know that it will not come back to us empty, but full of promise, Your promise. In Jesus Name, Amen.

If you can't think of anything to be thankful for, look around, here are some things I am thankful for:
1- That I can still walk each day
2- That my husband goes out at 10:00 pm to buy me chocolate cake because as he says, he just loves me to much
3- My friend John who has never waivered in his love and friendship
4-My grandchildren
5- Freedom
6- Substitute teaching
7-That I am not homeless
8- That I live where I can speak my mind without fear
9- That education is still free
10- Just because

Life is good and many of us forget everyday to be thankful for what we have. May you have a blessed week-end and please, join us this evening for Sunday Dinner a day early. Tomorrow I will busy and Sunday dinner may not be as it usually is, so pop in this evening and see what is or was cooked!




No comments: