Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In Defense Of My Doctor...

I am not back to 100% or even at 50% at this time, so my posts will probably be short and still slim for a few more days. I saw my physician today and in defense of her, I was sooooooooooooo wrong!

When she walked in the exam room, I was standing and right away she knew I was in pain. We began talking about the Prednisone and she said, 'no, no, I said if you weren't better in 48 hours to call me.' Oops, guess I didn't hear that part.

So, while she was not happy with me suffering through all what I have, she said it has helped tremendously in moving forward with what needs to be done. First, with the foot & left leg pain gone, we now know my foot problems were nerve caused and not bone caused and just think, I was going to have to pay $450 for a shoe insert that I really didn't need! Thank you Jesus for sparing me that cost!

Because of the spasms I am now having and the increased pain in my back, she said I have nerve damage and we need to find out what is going on and where exactly this damage is at. So, I am scheduled for an MRI on the 30th & she has given me prescriptions for 3x daily NSAID (Ibuprofen RX strength) & a new muscle relaxant for bed time until we figure out the next step.

On a happy note, I lost 7 pounds over the last 2 weeks, so maybe, the Flat Belly Diet is actually working & no, I have not been working out because I can't right now.

Thank you all for your prayers and love, I feel the positive energy with each Email I get sending me happy thoughts. I love you all for being so wonderfully supportive!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I'm so sorry about the spasms in your back. The 30th is quite a ways away for the MRI, I hope your okay until then. My positive thoughts are going your way and Congrats on loosing 7 lbs!

Hugs!
Sherry