Thursday, February 12, 2009

Back to Quilting

With my aches and pains of late and nothing seems to be working and the sitting on the floor pinning quilts is NOT fun anymore, I finally had an amazing almost pain free day a few days ago and these are what I created.

The barnyard quilt of course is just a panel quilt, but I just adore the design and I used bright yellow wide bias tape as the border.

I also machine quilted around the outer part of the barn and hand knotted the quilt in a few places.

If you look close on the back side you can see the machine quilting.

This was really easy with the exception of the pinning part. Our house is so small right now that I do not have a place to set up a cutting table or craft table, so I do most of my work on the floor.

I had also picked up some flannel fabric in pink and another one in yellow with pink pigs (I see a theme for this baby already) and made this really cute and nifty changing pad. The pillow is actually a velcro pocket that holds baby wipes and diapers.

I want to thank Alison over at Cluck Cluck Sew blog for her tutorial on this, it was quick and easy and such a great idea!

What I love so much about it, is that it just folds up nice and neatly and unless you carry a tiny purse, you could actually just tuck this into your purse for a quick trip to the doctor or into town.

I have to admit that being able to sit down and just quilt for a few hours felt really great!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I love how that turned out! They are really fun and fast, and such a great present! I'm kicking myself I didn't make one for me to use when my baby was a "baby"! Good job I love it and thanks for stopping by the blog! -Allison

Sherry said...

I'm glad you felt good enough to get some stuff done. It turned out cute!

Sherry