Friday, February 13, 2009

I am soooooooooooo tired!

I got up early this morning for the hour long drive into Olympia to see my new Rheumatologist and I think I like him. The one thing I liked is that he is not going to get involved with my back issues at this time, he feels the neurologist I will be seeing is best.

He is putting me back on the Flexoril which I quit because we felt it was making me fall a side effect he hasn't heard of, but states could happen. We will do 5 mg. for a week and wait and watch and then move it up to 10 mg. if I start to fall, quit taking it. He also said with fibro. many times the meds work for awhile and then stop, it isn't an exact science right now and I appreciated his candor.

He ran blood tests and another bone density scan. Both are good indicators but he said many people with RA don't show up positive in either.

The one thing I really liked was when he said that it is very possible that I have more than one thing going on at once and we need to look into all factors. WOW!!

I go back in 2 weeks for updates.

In 30 minutes I am going in for a pelvic ultrasound and right now all I want to do is sleep!


1 comment:

Sherry said...

You should be tired! Get some rest and we'll all be praying for good results!

Sherry