Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Handmade Picks For February

Here is the diaper bag I ordered from DSChicBoutique on Etsy. I thought the fabric was bright and cheerful and I liked it because it didn't look like an old tired diaper bag!

It came today and it is simply beautiful and very well made. It also reminds me of the inside of a Bee's hive with all the holes filled with honey.

Dawn is the shop owner and this bag is just perfect for a young mother the age of 24. Dawn also graciously without any extra charge, made a matching check book cover and card holder which will come in handy for bus tickets they kids use to get around Phoenix.

Dawn's handiwork is amazing and I wish I could sew like she does. The cost? For everything including shipping was less than $32 and well under my $50 allowable handmade budget each month. The print is by Amy Butler and I think it is stunning.

So, if you are interested in a handmade bag, please go over to Amy's Etsy shop and let her know I sent you her way.
DSCHICBOUTIQUE.

If you miss her here, I will be listing her shop on my sidebar so you can check her out in the future.

3 comments:

mer mer said...

Her work is awesome! I love handmade stuff a lot! I myself do sew my own bags. Just wondering where to find those nice fabrics like she does.

Quiltingranny said...

Check out her Etsy shop and ask her, she is really sweet!

Judy said...

This will make a lovely gift...how nice of the sewer to throw in the extras!