Monday, March 16, 2009

Oh No, Here It Comes Again...

When I hear people tell me they grew up in the same house their parents still live in, all of their family live within 10 miles of each other, they left the area they grew up in and the migrated back, they have never had a reason to go anywhere else, it amazes me because for as long as I can remember, my feet and family have always been on the move.

When I was small, my father raced Harness Horses so each one of my siblings was born in a different state from Rhode Island to Florida. While I may not remember every place we lived, I do remember living in New Jersey (where my sister Kate was born), Florida (where my sister Lisa was born), then with my grandmother in Delaware and then our own home in Delaware and then a bungalow colony for awhile in Monticello, New York and then we lived on a horse farm for awhile right before my mom piled us all in a car and we moved to Arizona.

From Arizona, we moved to Fallon Nevada, from Fallon to Las Vegas where mom remarried and we moved to Missouri, then to Palo Alto, Aptos and Moss Landing, California. Then I got married and moved to San Diego, then to Tulare and Goshen, California. From there, I moved to Bremerton, Washington where I was remarried.

The Navy kept us busy between Bremerton, WA, Long Beach and San Diego before hubby exited stage right and we wound up moving back to the same town my mom moved us to when her and my dad split. Isn't there a saying that life does take a 180 at times?

We had 14 moves in Arizona with a move to Michigan thrown in just to toss things around & now we are back in Washington where I have always wanted to come home to and there is this nagging feeling it is time to move again!

It is as if I just can't stand the thought of staying in the same place for too long. I don't know why it is, but it is.
It is so bad that my own sons have an on going joke with their dad. Don't plant a fruit tree because the year it produces fruit, mom will sell the house! My husband thinks it is when I have finally painted all the rooms in the house and have the house just the way I want it.

I just don't know, but I wish I could just settle down somewhere and say...this is it, I am done moving, I am staying here until I die & I did say that when we moved to Aberdeen. It was a promise to my husband that this would be the last place we moved to, we are both to old to move again, it costs to much money, etc. and so on.

Now, I feel that nagging coming on, telling me it is time to move! I don't know why, our credit stinks so bad right now we couldn't rent a garbage can from a rat. I felt when we moved to Aberdeen it was Gods calling for us, it was meant to be the way everything happened and now, I feel it is time to move on. Someone once told me maybe this move was just Gods way of testing me to see if I would listen to Him.

I love it up here with the exception of the job market, but I love working with the kids at the schools. It hailed all day today off and on and I love the cold gray skies here, I had to take the youngest girl to the hospital last night and we were in and out in less than 4 hours. So what is it that give me wunderlust so bad?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I grew up in a family house and then I left and have moved all over so go figure? I just am a nomad I have decided....