Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A New Sewing Apron

I spent most of Sunday evening (no, all of Sunday evening) in the emergency room with baby girl who was thought to possibly have appendicitis. She was a trooper and not one tear was shed even when they started her IV. So, I couldn't go to work yesterday because she had to stay home and be watched. She complained twice about a tiny tummy ache, but by evening was up and running around.

I took advantage of not working and finished up the edges of the huge dispatch quilt I am working on and making me a new sewing apron for my sewing closet since I decided to give the very first one I made away to one of my lucky readers at the end of the month.

I am in a spring mood and loving all the flowers I see, however, yesterday we had the weirdest weather that consisted of sun, hail, sun, hail, rain, hail, sun, rain, hail and it went this way all day. It was so bad, it beat my beautiful purple flowers down, but I am hoping they recover.

I plan on painting my sewing closet during spring break, but in the mean time for those of you that are awaiting spring as I am, here is my ne
w sewing apron/caddy.
I just love the robins egg blue with the yellow flowers and then that carried to the bottom piece with the pockets for holding scissor, fabric markers, etc.

I also received a few days ago a swap package that had some fun polka dot fabric , ribbon, thread and sewing needles. I have become quite a fan of swap bot and recommend you go scope it out.

I am hoping to finish another baby quilt today and finish tying the large quilt so I can finally get it in the mail.

I saw the neurosurgeon today and she is a very amazing young woman. She was caring, compassionate and answered all my questions. She said the surgery needs to be done, but it doesn't need to be rushed and I should talk to my husband first and bring him back to speak with her.
So, I think I know how I will spend my summer...OH JOY! But if it makes the next school year better and I can move around without pain, I say lets do this and get it done. I have to pay a few more bills off so I can make sure we can do this without putting us in financial hot water.

I will keep you all posted! Send me your good thoughts and prayers

4 comments:

Dayna said...

Glad baby girl is feeling better.
Cute apron! I am working on some aprons for some swaps I am in also.
Prayers for a successful surgery.

grammy said...

He's the God who does the impossible, and you are in my prayers.

Sherry said...

Glad to hear your little one is feeling better. I hate when their sick!

Oh, I hope the surgery will help you! That would definitely be a blessing!

Love the apron and spring is on the way!!! Yay!!!

Sherry

Sharon said...

Will be praying for you and so glad baby girl is feeling better!