Monday, April 27, 2009

Help Eliminate Fried Grease Smell

The grandchildren love french fries and I have made the store bought type, cut my own, made Paula Deen's dipped fries and recently learned to make my own onion rings. The one thing I dislike is the smell from the deep fryer.

Today, I took the fryer apart, cleaned it all out, added fresh oil to it and 4 hours later, my house still stinks like fried grease! I have tried opening windows, using Oust, burning candles, but nothing seems to help.

Aside from not frying them...if you have any ideas on how to get the fried smell to dissapate once dinner is done, I am all ears!

2 comments:

DSCHICBOUTIQUE said...

This is what worked for me...Try setting a glass bowl of cheap white vinegar on the counter - should neutralize the odor.

Unknown said...

I am the same way! I loved to deep fry fresh halibut that Ron and I would catch, but hated the smell...fish is worse than french fries....My solution...cook outside in the fryer...