Thursday, April 2, 2009

John, I Finally Finished It!


I have been working on this cross stitch throw for over three years now. I purchased it to work on in the evenings when I had some extra time and when we traveled long distances in our car. Then, I broke my foot and that gave me lots of time to work on it. But, we moved and I never finished it.

I began last year leaving it out on the couch as a reminder I had to sit and relax and so I would take a few stitches here and there, but recently when we were sitting in the evenings watching television I would work on it for an hour or so each evening.
Here is a pole lantern, birds, bow and the sign. I can't wait to toss out the pile of tangled and knotted up embroidery thread that has turned to nothing more than a mess over the past three years.

Last night, I completed it and it looks very nice! The completed area of stitching is 22" wide by 28" long. Here is a close up of the lantern and birds. It is really a very nice piece of work and hubby thought I was going to place it on Ebay and sell it!
It may not be Christmas, but I just may have to leave this one sit on the couch a few days to admire it and smile that I actually finished it. And, that leaves one less project on my side bar for this year, so I am getting things accomplished!


















2 comments:

grammy said...

Before I got RA in my hands, counted cross-stitch was my favorite thing to do besides write. Congratulations on finishing your project! Feels great to be done, I know, but - what are you doing next?

Quiltingranny said...

I am working on completing a large quilt that has taken since November & then a NASCAR quilt to sell, quilts for family. I always have something going!