Sunday, April 5, 2009

Now You See It Cutting Table

A few days ago while I was in Joann Fabrics, they had a cutting table for sale and I purchased it. This is not the flimsy one they used to sell that so many people complained about. This one has shelves to help stabilize it, it is sturdy and I was amazed at how easy it was to put together.

No! My hubby didn't put it together, I did. Matter of fact when he came home and saw that I had ripped the box opened, his first words to me were, 'have fun, I am NOT taking on that project' and he promptly went outside to spray the grass with moss killer.

Now, I am pretty smart, (after all I do have 3 college degree's) and I grew up working around muscle cars, so I am not afraid of a hex tool. I am cooking last night, working quick and so proud of myself until...I realized I had put it together backwards. Go ahead,laugh I know you are because you or someone you know has done the same thing.

I finally put it together the correct way and here it is:

Now, I can finally get the bins that are in my living room out because I don't need to use them as a cutting table and this one doesn't hurt my back because it is higher up than 2 bins stacked on top of each other.

What I like about it, is that it just folds up so easily and neatly and fits nicely in my living room. Yes, my quilt projects have once again taken over the living room, but I did catch up on some of my sewing and quilting during this all to fast Spring break as school starts tomorrow.
And, here is what it looks like when it is not in use. I recycled an old vinyl table cloth and it looks kinda like one of those old timey day beds that used to fold up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have this one too and it is great...mine is all paint stained and ugly, but boy does it get used!!!!

Quiltingranny said...

I can't wait to prove mine has been used and so far I love it!