I am looking for affirmation here that I am not totally psycho and need to go to the nearest hospital for an evaluation, as I know people do believe I have fallen out of the rocker and hit my head hard! So, if you know what I am talking about, please don't keep this secret to yourself share it with me.
My quilts talk to me. Not audibly of course, but they talk to me none the less. Let me give you a few examples:
- A few years ago, I made a Jesus quilt for a friend and during this time, I could hear the quilt talking to me. When I was getting frustrated over the stitches I heard it saying, you don't have to make it perfect, there was only one perfect person Jesus.
- When I was making a quilt for a person I know suffering from cancer, the first fabric I purchased told me which fabric to choose for the backing.
- I began to place buttons on my last quilt in various places chosen randomly to remind the recipient that we need to practice random acts of kindness.
- Just as I was finished with the latest quilt and getting ready to machine quilt it, it said, don't you want to do this by hand?
I am down to my last quilt in progress, my last one to finish from 2008 & already I am back to over doing it. I have the following QIP's going on:
- My granddaughters biscuit quilt
- My moms breast cancer quilt
- A miniture house quilt for a couple at church who recently lost everything to repossession
- A chicken pillow