Thursday, April 9, 2009

This Is It!


I just can't believe when I started this blog that I would actually stick with it. After all, who was I writing for and what kind of fodder would I find to write about? These are questions I continually ask myself and others, what do I write about and how on earth can you think of something to say all the time?
The truth is, I don't always have something to say, like now, so I will post a quilting poem that I found at Quilters Bee dot com since the title of this blog is Quilting Ranny NOT Quilting Granny, that has 2 g's, mine has only 1 g.
So, for my 500th post, this is it! Raise your glass of water, juice, pop or whatever and remember that the first 5 people that leave a comment will receive some cute gifts as mentioned earlier.
Ode To My Wife the Quilter
'She learned to quilt on Monday.Her stitches all were very fine.
She forgot to thaw out dinner.so we went out to dine.
She quilted miniatures on Tuesday.she says they are a must.They really were quite lovely.But she forgot to dust.
On Wednesdays it was a sampler.She says stipling's fun.What highlights! What Shadows!But the laundry wasn't done.
Her patches were on Thursday -Green, yellow, blue and red.I guess she was really engrossed;She never made the bed.
It was wall hangings on Friday,In colors she adores.I t never bothered her at all,The crumbs on the floors.
I found a maid on Saturday.My week is now complete. My wife can quilt the hours away;The house will still be neat.
Well, it's already Sunday.I think I'm about to wilt. I cursed, I raved, I ranted, The MAID has learned to QUILT!' Author Unknown (Taken from the World Wide Web, 4/9/2009 at:http://www.quiltersbee.com/qbpoems.htm at 2313 hours).
Thank you all for making this blog a very special place for me to meet all of the wonderful You's!
I hope to be blogging for a very long time and I hope you will all continue to follow me daily!

6 comments:

Dayna said...

Love the poem! Congrats on mking it to 500!

Sherry said...

Congratulations to you and us for your 500 posts! I'm glad you are part of the blogging world because you are such a sweet person and a great inspiration!

Have a wonderful Easter weekend Jean!
Sherry

John said...

Congrats Jean, I'm always proud of you.

Knitting Granny said...

I'm just getting back to quilting (in a very small way) after years and years of not piecing or quilting anything. I googled quilting blogs and found you - loved (LOVED) the poem. It made me laugh out loud - and I can always use a good laugh. Thanks.

judy said...

Woo hoo!

Congratulations!

Keep on bloggin'!

Quiltingranny said...

Thanks to all who commented on my 500th post, I appreciate you all very much and now...onto post 1000 in another few years!