Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Poultry Pair

Earlier this week, I showed you the cute little Hen pillow I had made using an old quilting magazine pattern I had found out of Quilt World from 1996.

Last evening, I finished her mate, the Rooster and I did him up in shades of maroon and yes, all of this was from more scraps I have held onto.

For those of you who don't understand why quilters save so much, now you do. Because we may not be able to make a full blown quilt out of some of these scraps, but they make for wonderful pillow projects and other things.
The prairie points on this pillow are done in Navy blue and they have pears on them. I just thought the blue points would complement the grays in the hen.

And now my bloggie readers, I would like to introduce you to Mr. & Mrs. Rooster. The proud pair will be happily honeymooning on my Etsy site at: CompassionateQuilter.etsy.com
I am also going to be working on a lap quilt/table quilt today to go along with this pair of pillows.
These pillows have a layer of batting and Muslin behind the coop and gives them a puffed appearance.






No comments: