Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Very Busy Girl



Here is little Brownie Girl Scout on Friday evening as she was preparing for yet another Girl Scout week-end. This one was 2 nights and about a day and a half.


I picked up her sun/fishing hat at the Goodwill store in Olympia for less than two bucks, came home and washed it and she really loved it.


As you can see, it was a beautiful Washington day, the sun was shining and it was warm enough to have the front door open and I knew she was going to have a great time.


Fast forward to today...it rained all day yesterday and her almost new tennis shoes are completely ruined because they were suede and I never thought she would need anything more than tennies. Actually, I figured if it was cold and wet and it was yesterday, the troop leaders would have the sense to keep them in the lodge.


Nope, she said they played outside and got soaking wet all day. But she seems to have had some fun, because she told me about the skits they did and sitting by an outside camp fire and once again getting marshmallow in her hair eating a Smores!


She is outside playing and today it is cold and sunny! I am glad she is liking these trips, I feel it is important for her to get away from us sometimes and to be with lots of girls her own age.


I just love this picture of her as she is looking up at the brim of her hat. She is such a funny little girl and loves her hippy things. Her Papa calls her baby tree hugger!

No comments: