Thursday, July 30, 2009

Cool Recipe On A Hot Day...Cheesy Tuna Salad

It seems like I have been preparing this easy cheesy salad forever and I don't even know where I got it, but I can tell you with temperatures in the low 100's in the Seattle/Portland area and even hotter in the southwest, this is a great salad for lunch, dinner, pot lucks, wedding showers, barbeques, etc. Whats more, it is very easy to make.

Easy Tuna Salad

Ingrediants:

1 box or package of macaroni noodles (your choice, I have used rotini, wheels, macaroni, etc., but unless your family is used to wheat noodles, I would not recommend them for this salad).

1 large jar Kraft Cheese Whiz, Melted (you can do this in the microwave or on the stove, just use caution as the jar gets very hot!)

2 stalks celery (chopped)

2 Large Cans Tunafish, Drained (I prefer the water packed tuna)

1 Jar of Green Olives, sliced (you can leave in the pimento, I remove it because my family won't eat it)

Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (To your taste)*

Seasoned Salt ( To your taste)

Directions:

In a large pan of boiling water, add noodles and cook to your likeness. Drain water in strainer and place drained noodles in large bowl. Add Kraft Cheese Whiz and stir into noodles until it is completely melted.
Toss in the tuna, green olives and celery and stir until they are distributed well into cheese mixture. Add seasoned salt (I add aproximately 1 teaspoon), mix in well and add Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip to your desired taste*. Place in fridge until cooled and ready to place on the table.

*You may have to add more once it cools because this salad thickens as it chills.

You can make this salad the night before or the morning of, it is quick and easy and the longer the ingrediants chill, the better it tastes!





No comments: