Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Positive Check-up

Wow! We spent most of the day in Olympia today at my physicians office and the orthotics/prothetics place for a new brace fitting. Woo Hoo, I have lost some weight so now need a new brace! My goal is to try and lose at least 15-20 pounds between now and the last week of August when I go back for my check up and new Xrays.

Here is what my doc said: " I am so proud of how well you are doing, you went home 4 days post-op and that is virtually unheard of with my patients and look at you, I am so proud you are up walking around. Funny, she should be proud of the work she did, because without her God guided hands, I wouldn't be doing so well.

I got my stitches pulled out and steri-strips applied, I can now take a much desired shower as long as we keep the steri-strips covered up.

Alas, I am stuck with my brace for the next at least 6 weeks, so we had to go to have it adjusted. I have lost enough weight during this process, that I needed to go down one full size, however, since they didn't have it, they showed me how to tighten it up and they will be mailing me a new one!

I am blessed and I owe my fast healing to Our Lord and Savior in Heaven for without Him, none of this would be possible, the great comments and positive energy that everyone has sent my way, good thoughts, positive comments, prayers, all things work together and I am blessed and looking forward to an even more terrific recovery!

No comments: