Saturday, July 18, 2009

So Unexpected, So Blessed, A Quilters Planner

I received this gift last evening from my Pastor's wife. They are running ragged getting prepared for a pastors conference next week, some visiting after that and then a wonderful trip to Ireland to visit with an Irish singing group and then an Irish church. So, when she called me last evening wanting to drop by, I realized how important it was because she was packing their travel trailer.

If you want to feel blessed and cheerful, all you have to do is be around Sharon for a few moments and you can see that the Lord shines through her. She arrived with a large gift bag and was excited to see how well I am doing and that I am up moving around.


She presented me with this wonderful pale lime green Quilters Planner called a Plan Bee by Prym Dritz. I was simply ecstatic and in awe when she told me the moment she saw it, she knew she had to get it for me. Wow! Now if that isn't confirmation from the Lord about my quilting, I don't know what is.



It is simply an amazing tool for quilters that puts most of the things we do at our finger tips. It comes with a pocket filled with notions we can use on shopping trips, thrifting, estate sales, etc. It has inside the following items:

* Pencil and sharpener

* A retractable tape measure

* A cloth tape measure

* Fabric Glue

* Ruler

* Note pad

* Colored pencils

There are also quilters templates, stash pages (to place fabric swatches for future shopping trips), graph paper, calendar, charts, direction cards, lending cards to keep inventory of any books or magazines you loan out, cards to keep track of upcoming quilting events and more!

I sat up in bed and put it all together and this is just such a cool idea. I have a place to put my stash samples, if you are working on a quilt and need more fabric, you can take it along with you. Want a place to document the cost of your quilt or who it was given to? There is lots of room for that.

According to the Prym Dritz web-site, this came out in 2004-2005 and was created by two quilters named Connie Scharff and Jessi Jung and they did a really bang up job on creating this and if you don't want to lug your wallet or purse with you, there are even places for your ID and credit cards! If you check out the internet, you can even find refills for this, stickers and more.




Since I use a Franklin/Covey planner all the time, I just may jump out of my comfort zone and see how I can organize this new one so I will use it. I love organization when it comes to scheduling my days or appointments and this one has such a nice color to it!



I didn't ask my pastor where she found this, so I don't even know where you would begin to look, but I know I was blessed with this and it is a tool that will keep giving!



































































































No comments: