Friday, July 10, 2009

What To Do, When You Can't Do Anything

What can you do when you are in a position where you can't do anything? I was so worried I couldn't be productive and I am not the type that just sits around all the time, so what was I going to do? Homework with the kids. Since school is out, that doesn't mean they should just forget all they learned, so for about 30-45 minutes per day, the kids sit in bed with me and we work on their summer school work! As my blog states, I am a Quilting Ranny, but I can't sew right now because that would mean doing some bending and twisting and I am restricted from those activities until at the very earliest, late August.

I don't know about you, but I love antiques and antiqueish quilts, so I purchased some embroidery patterns and some white fabric and decided to design my own redwork quilt. So, I completed this set of 7 days of the week (showing just 2 days) and pre-purchased some red and white fabrics to design my own quilt when I can.

I have been reading and studying my Bible and am learning so much about what I am reading. So far, I have finished Malachi, Nahum and Ecclisiastes. Wow!
I learned that when you are a child of God, you do not rob God of what is His, you pay your tithes regularly and you also give extra to others who need your support. If we give God what is His in tithes, He will see to it that all of our needs are met. Notice I didn't say He will see to it that all of our wants are met!
I also started another embroidery project for all those long hours I have to stay in bed or sit on the couch and this one is hearts and flowers and I am doing them in a variety of colors and ways and putting it together for another quilt.
I hope you enjoy the pictures and I hope it gives you some ideas on what YOU can do if you are ever laid up for as long as I have been and will be.
Have a wonderful day today and try to bless someone!


No comments: